Nutrition and Fluids for People on Dialysis
People on dialysis have special nutrition and fluid needs, but food is a major focus of family life and social events. Learn how to balance your food intake so you can eat the foods you love, in moderation, and stay as healthy as possible.
Topics covered in this module include:
- Calories and calorie requirements
- Food value chart and food groups
- Getting the right amounts of nutrients (protein, fats, and carbohydrates)
- Meal planning & estimating portion size
- Meal-planning grid
- Protein and vitamin supplements
- Eating out
- Tips for vegetarians
- Renal bone disease
- Binders and antacids
Would you like to print this module? Download it here.