Treatment Options for Kidney Failure
For people at any stage of kidney disease, knowledge is power. Knowing the signs and symptoms of kidney failure can help you to get the treatment you need to feel your best.
Topics covered in this module include:
- What does dialysis do?
- When to start dialysis
- Peritoneal dialysis—how it works
- Hemodialysis—how it works
- Transplant—how it works
- Pro & con table for 5 modalities
- Modality preference checklists
- Choosing no treatment
- 6 principles for living well with kidney disease
- Vascular access (brief discussion of types)
Would you like to print this module? Download it here.